One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bed with a water-filled rubber or plastic mattress.
- ‘I groaned, rolled over to the other side of my waterbed, stretched, and grabbed the phone clicking ‘talk’ with my thumb.’
- ‘We wore those stupid bell bottoms, beads around our necks, slept on waterbeds and generally didn't have very much to say for ourselves.’
- ‘A teen girl laid on her side, slumbering in her waterbed, with dark black, down covers and pillows.’
- ‘Emma sat on her large waterbed, her thoughts jumbled.’
- ‘I just wanted to go home to my waterbed and sleep this away.’
- ‘So I pushed him off of my body, and the motion of the waterbed aided his own body to roll back.’
- ‘There should be no cut-outs in the headboard or footboard, and no waterbeds.’
- ‘Then he passed out on the waterbed like a beached whale!’
- ‘When I finally pull him off her, we begin an arm-locked waltz across the glass-scattered floor, until my feet slip in their own blood and I topple backward onto the waterbed.’
- ‘Sighing, I threw my backpack on my waterbed and went to my other best friend.’
- ‘Of course I have a waterbed and do all my management lying down.’
- ‘On the fourth day with our new roommate, I caught Rick sitting on the foot of our waterbed, holding his head in his hands.’
- ‘We brought my bag to her bedroom, a medium-sized room with several anime posters (yes, she loves anime, too) and many stuffed animals around the room and on her waterbed.’
- ‘Many people think the ultimate pleasure is a vacation in Hawaii - sacking out on a waterbed, a cool breeze wafting through the window, a tall drink, every muscle in your body relaxed.’
- ‘When my bedroom was empty except for the waterbed, the lamp, and the stereo, I perched a note on the coffee table in front of the TV.’
- ‘‘Alright, whatever,’ Faith said sitting down on the floor in between the two waterbeds.’
- ‘He sat on the waterbed in his boxers watching TV.’
- ‘He pulled me into his lap, not the easiest position in a waterbed.’
- ‘The waterbed I'd begged and pleaded for was in the corner where I could see out the bay window, but not be woken by the sun.’
- ‘Outdoor queen-size waterbeds and huge red umbrellas provide for a soothing sunbath.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.