One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An aquatic plant of the primrose family, with lilac flowers and finely divided submerged leaves.
Hottonia palustris, family Primulaceae
- ‘While the foliage of water violet is attractive, the real attraction to this pond plant are the tall stalks of flowers that appear in summer.’
- ‘You should buy a good mixture of native pond plants such as water violets and marsh marigolds which both thrive in ponds.’
- ‘In summer, the large number woodland pond provides a fine show of delicate flowering water violets and yellow flag iris.’
- ‘I'd go for water violets, frogbit, hortwort and parrots feather, all of which will help keep the water clear and the fish healthy by helping create a balanced eco-system.’
- ‘In fact, there are about six kinds of aquatic plants that can be raised in a pond, such as water violets and water hyacinths.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.