One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A water-filled dip in a road.‘his car negotiates a water splash without any trouble’
- ‘Two cars at a time raced side-by-side around a purpose-built floodlit track which included a water splash, a breathtaking jump and long, sweeping hairpin bends.’
- ‘We had an awful time on the opening stage on Sunday in Hafren, dropping a load of time when the windscreen steamed up after the first water splash.’
- ‘In conditions ideal for cross country, runners tackled a demanding and varied five-mile course including an icily cold water splash, rugged woodland terrain and the appropriately named ‘Heartbreak Hill’.’
- ‘Cars were set to battle against each other and the clock, as they tackled the one and a half miles of ravenous mud tracks, jumps and water splashes.’
- ‘The spectacular Walters Arena, where they will be able to have a great view of the cars as they fly over a jump and through a dramatic water splash twice.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.