One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A water-filled dip in a road.‘his car negotiates a water splash without any trouble’
- ‘Cars were set to battle against each other and the clock, as they tackled the one and a half miles of ravenous mud tracks, jumps and water splashes.’
- ‘We had an awful time on the opening stage on Sunday in Hafren, dropping a load of time when the windscreen steamed up after the first water splash.’
- ‘The spectacular Walters Arena, where they will be able to have a great view of the cars as they fly over a jump and through a dramatic water splash twice.’
- ‘Two cars at a time raced side-by-side around a purpose-built floodlit track which included a water splash, a breathtaking jump and long, sweeping hairpin bends.’
- ‘In conditions ideal for cross country, runners tackled a demanding and varied five-mile course including an icily cold water splash, rugged woodland terrain and the appropriately named ‘Heartbreak Hill’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.