One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in the oil industry) the forcing of water into a reservoir formation, in particular as a technique of secondary recovery.
- ‘All of these fields are old, but they have managed them in a ‘gold standard’ fashion by instituting careful and rigorous water injection to maintain very high reservoir pressures.’
- ‘It cites the fact that 90% of its oil comes from seven giant fields, all of which are mature and increasingly in need of water injection to keep pressure high underground.’
- ‘Much of Iraq's infrastructure is wrecked and some oil reservoirs may have been damaged by over-pumping, water injection or flooding.’
- ‘But its pressure has been maintained by water injection, which is perfectly normal, but which might mask depletion.’
- ‘In recent years, the Saudis have resorted to both water injection and so-called ‘bottle-brush’ drilling to maintain production - techniques that tend to accelerate decline and damage reservoirs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.