Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A dessert consisting of frozen fruit juice or flavoured water and sugar.
ice creamView synonyms
- ‘The water ice is so cold it's as hard as concrete.’
- ‘But whilst a water ice is a perfectly pleasant thing, it's supposed to be a palate refresher between courses.’
- ‘The orange water ice is included because of its delicate scent, like catching orange blossom on a breeze.’
- ‘For the most part, he is your average toddler: He reads Dr. Seuss; he bursts into a flash flood of kid tears when he bumps his head; he loves bugs and water ice.’
- ‘‘An asparagus or tomato water ice might be nice after fish and chips,’ Parker suggested.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.