Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A device for heating domestic water.
- ‘I installed wall heaters, an electric water heater, dryer and range, but asked for help with a mechanical heat pump.’
- ‘Before your turn on your water heater or furnace, make sure there is nothing flammable stored next to it.’
- ‘There are more safety considerations effecting the installation of a water heater than the exhaust system.’
- ‘The new home I'm buying has the water heater in the garage.’
- ‘Ensure that the temperature on your water heater is set to 120 degrees.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.