- another term for daphnia
- ‘With the assistance of local health authorities, communities are being taught to use nylon or cloth filters to eliminate water fleas which are the intermediate hosts for the dracunculus medinensis parasite.’
- ‘Water for animals of such a small size, including larval fish, brine shrimp, and water fleas, is essentially like syrup.’
- ‘Next, the resulting value is compared with the predicted ‘no effect’ concentration, extrapolated from laboratory testing on indicative species such as fish, water fleas and algae.’
- ‘We studied allozyme variation in metapopulations of two species of water fleas in the skerry archipelago of southern Finland.’
- ‘Crustaceans range in size from the American lobster, weighing up to 20 kg, and the Japanese spider crab - with a leg span of up to 3.7 m - to water fleas that can be less than a millimetre in length.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.