One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pond or fountain in a garden.
- ‘Southend Council wants to hear from residents with a garden water feature as part of its annual pond survey.’
- ‘Wide shrub borders edged with low hedges can lead your eye in the direction of a water feature, garden seat or piece of statuary.’
- ‘Behind, the professionally landscaped rear garden includes a water feature, raised flowerbeds and lighting.’
- ‘The south-facing back garden, which is not overlooked, has a paved patio area with garden lights and a water feature.’
- ‘A patio door leads to a tiled balcony overlooking the mature landscaped gardens and a water feature.’
- ‘A spiral staircase gives access to the attic room, while outside, the paved back garden has a water feature and patio area.’
- ‘Outside, the grounds include landscaped lawns, a water feature and a stone shed.’
- ‘When using terracotta pots in a water feature, you can take steps to prevent frost from cracking them.’
- ‘But sometimes buying a water feature for your garden is hard on the wallet.’
- ‘As well as being planted with a variety of colourful plants, trees and shrubs, the gardens include a water feature and a pond.’
- ‘The pond, a rubber-lined water feature with two waterfalls, is being installed by Country Landscapes.’
- ‘To the rear there is a mature back garden with a water feature and patio area.’
- ‘Anyone thinking of investing in a serious water feature or hard landscaping should first pay these ingenious gardens a visit.’
- ‘The focal point of the water feature is a fountain consisting of thee straight metal tubes.’
- ‘He knows every plant by name, and laid out much of the garden, including the water feature, himself.’
- ‘One way to add a touch of elegance to your garden is to add a water feature.’
- ‘The back garden has a deck area, outdoor lighting, a water feature and two raised flowerbeds containing a selection of mature plants and shrubs.’
- ‘There is also a water feature, a garden shed, mature trees and shrubs.’
- ‘She also installed a water feature: two ponds linked by a streambed and spanned by a wooden footbridge leading to the gazebo.’
- ‘Now is the time to start planning if you are considering installing a water feature in your garden.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.