One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A widely distributed poisonous plant of the parsley family, which grows in wet habitats.
- ‘All five British Lemna species, all five Rorippa species, and all three British watermilfoils, all but one of the seven British water dropworts, and two-thirds of the British pondweeds can be found on site.’
- ‘Some of the water dropworts propagate by falling over.’
- ‘And when do you stop thinking everything is one of the various water dropworts?’
- ‘The unimproved northern field has a species-rich flora that includes cuckoo flower, marsh marigold, ragged robin, pepper saxifrage, corky-fruited water dropwort, tubular water dropwort and green-winged orchid.’
- ‘Thus, the inventive water dropwort has uniform nutrient distribution.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.