A person who searches for underground water by using a dowsing rod.
- ‘Originally from Ballygar Co. Galway he worked as a well boring contractor and water diviner.’
- ‘Until recently Kerry was best known in the district as a wood turner and water diviner.’
- ‘In the search for water farmers used water diviners.’
- ‘Similarly, a Public Works official reported that, ‘At present time I do not think there is a Division in the Cape that has not its water diviner.’’
- ‘Farming a small parcel of land Tom made a big name for himself as a water diviner with his services in big demand throughout the county.’