One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A container of water heated to a given temperature, used for heating substances placed in smaller containers.
- ‘Extracts were heated to 100°C in a water bath for 10 min and then rapidly cooled on ice.’
- ‘Earlier, we saw that testing samples were kept very moist and at a warm, consistent temperature using a water bath.’
- ‘All samples (except the 21°C treatment) were heated for 5 min in a water bath at the required temperature.’
- ‘The temperature of the water bath is controlled by a microprocessor and a temperature sensor.’
- ‘The hydrated protein-lipid system was solvated in a water bath including chloride and sodium ions at physiological concentration.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.