One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(especially of a machine) cooled by the circulation of water.‘a water-cooled reactor’
- ‘Then they are fitted out with ignition-protected electrical components, as well as raw-water cooling and water-cooled and wetted exhaust systems.’
- ‘By 1911 his water-cooled, single cylinder, battery-ignition motor was in production and within a few years Evinrude was in the export market, selling outboards to fishermen in Scandinavia.’
- ‘Cores are the most common type of samples extracted from concrete structures; they are usually extracted with a water-cooled coring rig.’
- ‘The grinding wheel is surrounded by a shroud which includes a water-cooled cooling jacket.’
- ‘Fortunately, having a totally water-cooled system was going to make things a whole lot easier.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.