1A glass disc covering the dial of a watch.
- ‘A device comprising an annular seal having an annular projection engaged into a groove in the edge of the watch glass is disclosed.’
- ‘Which countries supply the most exports of watch glasses, glass for spectacles not optically worked, and hollow glass spheres and segments for sphere manufacture?’
- ‘Pairs of these watch glasses can be connected to each other to simulate different types of lens.’
- ‘Consequently, the aesthetic appearance of these types of watch glasses or back covers are relatively quickly altered by scratches.’
- 1.1 A concave glass disc used in a laboratory to hold material for use in experiments.
- ‘In vitro fertilizations were performed by collecting oocytes from mature females in watch glasses and adding a diluted suspension of sperm obtained from 1 to 2 mature male ejaculates in sterile filtered seawater.’
- ‘Pairs were placed in a watch glass and observed under a stereomicroscope.’
- ‘Place sample on flat watch glass inside the glass ring form such that the sample is centered in the ring form.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.