One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A glass disc covering the dial of a watch.
- ‘Consequently, the aesthetic appearance of these types of watch glasses or back covers are relatively quickly altered by scratches.’
- ‘Which countries supply the most exports of watch glasses, glass for spectacles not optically worked, and hollow glass spheres and segments for sphere manufacture?’
- ‘Pairs of these watch glasses can be connected to each other to simulate different types of lens.’
- ‘A device comprising an annular seal having an annular projection engaged into a groove in the edge of the watch glass is disclosed.’
- 1.1 A concave glass disc used in a laboratory to hold material for use in experiments.
- ‘Pairs were placed in a watch glass and observed under a stereomicroscope.’
- ‘In vitro fertilizations were performed by collecting oocytes from mature females in watch glasses and adding a diluted suspension of sperm obtained from 1 to 2 mature male ejaculates in sterile filtered seawater.’
- ‘Place sample on flat watch glass inside the glass ring form such that the sample is centered in the ring form.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.