One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person regarded as useless or incompetent.‘you're such a waste of space, Rodney’
- ‘I reckon we should start a list, outing all incompetents for the absolute waste of space they are.’
- ‘Wake up, you waste of space, we've got work to do!’
- ‘It's a good idea, if you can, to defend yourself against the accusation of being a waste of space by making yourself good company.’
- ‘He's got it into his head he'll never be able to walk again, wouldn't be able to do anything and he's now a waste of space.’
- ‘Everyone else is either a traitor or just a waste of space.’
- ‘I suppose according to the values of our society at present that makes me lazy, a waste of space.’
- ‘But personally, I'd rather just keep on eating these delicious cupcakes that Kit made for me, drink too much with my friends tonight, and be a waste of space at work tomorrow.’
- ‘Well you're obviously a complete waste of space as an office manager.’
- ‘Without the shining achievements of these few, the human race would be a waste of space.’
- ‘He is a complete waste of space and must be infuriating to play with.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.