One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
If you use a commodity or resource carefully and without extravagance you will never be in need.
- ‘Whatever the God implied by evolutionary theory and the data of natural history may be like, He is not the Protestant God of waste not, want not.’
- ‘It's time to kiss those landfill-clogging sandwich baggies goodbye and move into the waste not, want not 21st century.’
- ‘How do you feel the statement waste not want not applies in you life?’
- ‘I don't know how I'm going to work the Christmas theme into this shot of me as a post-autopsy coroner standing smugly over a body and holding a jar of entrails… but look, waste not, want not.’
- ‘Waste not, want not applies to our spending habits too.’
- ‘On the principle of waste not, want not, I've pasted some material below that was originally intended for New York Press.’
- ‘In sports, the city's credo was waste not, want not.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.