One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An electrically operated device fitted to the waste pipe of a kitchen sink for grinding up food waste.
- ‘The kitchen has a range of fitted oak units, worktops and display cabinets as well as a double oven, waste disposal unit and an electric hob.’
- ‘All houses have waste disposal units and all food waste has to go in to it, not into the bin.’
- ‘The sinks can also be fitted with a convenient waste disposal unit.’
- ‘Small bones and egg shells actually help the waste disposer by scraping away food residues and caked on material.’
- ‘Other features include an integrated fridge freezer and dishwasher, a water purification system and a waste disposal unit.’
- ‘The apartments come decorated and carpeted and standard features include tiled en suite bathrooms, solid oak doors, range cookers and compact waste disposal units.’
- ‘He arrived exactly on time and within an hour and ten minutes he had installed the new water heater, taken away the old one for disposal, cleaned up and for good measure replaced my waste disposal unit which had broken earlier in the week.’
- ‘Safety comes first and before troubleshooting your waste disposer always switch off and unplug the unit.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.