Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An electrically operated device fitted to the waste pipe of a kitchen sink for grinding up food waste.
- ‘Other features include an integrated fridge freezer and dishwasher, a water purification system and a waste disposal unit.’
- ‘The apartments come decorated and carpeted and standard features include tiled en suite bathrooms, solid oak doors, range cookers and compact waste disposal units.’
- ‘He arrived exactly on time and within an hour and ten minutes he had installed the new water heater, taken away the old one for disposal, cleaned up and for good measure replaced my waste disposal unit which had broken earlier in the week.’
- ‘Safety comes first and before troubleshooting your waste disposer always switch off and unplug the unit.’
- ‘All houses have waste disposal units and all food waste has to go in to it, not into the bin.’
- ‘The sinks can also be fitted with a convenient waste disposal unit.’
- ‘Small bones and egg shells actually help the waste disposer by scraping away food residues and caked on material.’
- ‘The kitchen has a range of fitted oak units, worktops and display cabinets as well as a double oven, waste disposal unit and an electric hob.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.