One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘After one particularly bland interview, a reporter waspishly criticized the starlet.’
- ‘‘I assume this procedure is familiar to you,’ he said waspishly.’
- ‘‘Fine, get fat then,’ I said waspishly, glaring at him.’
- ‘‘I usually have time to walk to school, but today we have to take the bike,’ Rose said waspishly.’
- ‘Nevertheless, you don't hear jokes about equine looks, nor waspishly disparaging put-downs as often as you used to.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.