One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A very narrow or tightly corseted waist.‘the wasp waists and bustles of the Victorian period’
- ‘Fashion in clothes often influences body shape - witness the corset and the wasp waist.’
- ‘The wasp waist becomes the focus as the tie dye velvet jacket is teamed with a full pleated skirt creating a feminine feel.’
- ‘The dress was a pale lime green, it had a wasp waist and the skirt was gathered the tiniest bit to give it some twirl.’
- ‘I had planned on wearing a gown she had made for me, but she came in my door, holding a gown of dark blue, with sliver embroidery on the neck, sleeves, hem, and wasp waist.’
- ‘The look defines a determined woman; a woman who carries off a classically man-tailored suit complete with tie and asserts her femininity with a sheer silk blouse and wasp waist.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.