One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for washstand
- ‘I found a screw-driver and some screws on the wash-hand stand.’
- ‘Indeed I was now the subject of a thirst so overwhelming that without pausing to summon my mother, I was obliged to quench it from the various receptacles within easy reach upon my wash-hand stand.’
- ‘There is a unique study/bedroom/garden room with an antique desk, an excellent couch to enjoy the view from all sides, a wash-hand stand and a double bed.’
- ‘Most rooms in the Lublin hotel have only a wash-hand stand inside the room, but in Krasnobród there is a comfortable bathroom in each room.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.