Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for washstand
- ‘Most rooms in the Lublin hotel have only a wash-hand stand inside the room, but in Krasnobród there is a comfortable bathroom in each room.’
- ‘There is a unique study/bedroom/garden room with an antique desk, an excellent couch to enjoy the view from all sides, a wash-hand stand and a double bed.’
- ‘Indeed I was now the subject of a thirst so overwhelming that without pausing to summon my mother, I was obliged to quench it from the various receptacles within easy reach upon my wash-hand stand.’
- ‘I found a screw-driver and some screws on the wash-hand stand.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.