One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for crested newt
- ‘Southeast Asia and Japan have four species that are most encountered as pets: the fire belly newts, the paddle tail newts, the crocodile newts and the warty newts.’
- ‘In some species, such as Hong Kong warty newts, it is almost impossible to distinguish the sexes except during the breeding season.’
- ‘True to its name, the warty newt has skin that is covered in small bumps.’
- ‘All amphibians are given some protection, but the natterjack toad and great crested or warty newt have been given special protection.’
- ‘I have investigated whether warty newts will preferentially prey on hyperactive, DDT-treated tadpoles of the common frog rather than untreated tadpoles.’
- ‘The typical amphibia of the ‘Valley of Narcissi’ are: edible frog, common toad, smooth and warty newts.’
- ‘The skin is granular giving the species its alternative common name of warty newt.’
- ‘The great crested newt is the largest British newt, about 16 cm and is also known as the warty newt.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.