One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I shifted warningly and he shifted persistently.’
- ‘‘Laura,’ he said warningly but she ignored him.’
- ‘And every day, from around 11 a.m. to sunset, she would stand guard outside that hole, rearing up warningly if you approached close.’
- ‘The architecture of Firoz Shah is stern, utilitarian, almost tragic - at times hauntingly lovely, at times warningly forbidding.’
- ‘‘Leave her alone,’ Kassa said warningly, ‘pick on someone your own age.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.