One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A strip around the outside of the outfield which warns approaching fielders of the proximity of a wall.
- ‘Mariners general manager Pat Gillick points out that the union raises safety concerns about outfield fences and warning tracks, yet refuses to confront darker questions.’
- ‘Derek Lee nearly took Pettitte out of the yard on the next at-bat, but Rivera ran down the ball at the warning track to end the inning.’
- ‘The Warriors were unlucky with the long ball during games, as more than one deep drive by the Warriors was snagged by Brock fielders on the warning track.’
- ‘Chris instructs us to head down the foul line to the notch where the warning track inside the field of play ends.’
- ‘Mabry, who plays first base, third base and outfield, first checks out the outfield fences and warning tracks in each stadium, then has a coach hit balls into the corner to see how they carom.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.