One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Prohibit someone who has broken the laws of the Jockey Club from riding or running horses at meetings under the Jockey Club's jurisdiction.
- ‘Owner Darren Smith is warned off for six months for laying his own horse on the exchanges.’
- ‘Ex-jockey Dermot Little was warned off for a further 20 years while another former rider Graham White was banned for five years.’
- ‘The murkier side of racing continued to make headlines as talented ex-jockey Graham Brown was warned off for eight years after being found guilty by the Jockey Club of bringing the sport into disrepute.’
- ‘Was this a chance to warn him off the course?’
- ‘After retiring from racing, he became a trainer at Lambourn, but his racing life came to an abrupt halt in October 1992, when the Jockey Club warned him off (banned him) for 10 years.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.