One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who encourages or advocates aggression towards other countries or groups.
militarist, hawk, jingoist, sabre-rattler, aggressor, provoker, belligerentView synonyms
- ‘But it has only confirmed his role as a ‘yes man’ for the most right-wing government in US history and a warmonger in his own right.’
- ‘Now there are forged documents designed to discredit the anti-war movement - proof the warmongers have no creditable argument.’
- ‘However, in the warmongers ' hands science can be used against us.’
- ‘We should follow their lead in taking to the streets, punishing the warmongers at the polls and ending the policies that bring terror.’
- ‘But whatever means they find to perpetrate this assault they must be opposed for the warmongers they are.’
- ‘Not only can it further raise the pressure on the warmongers, but it can also unite all those who oppose their attacks on pensions, refugees and the environment.’
- ‘To stop the slaughter, a struggle had to be taken up against the warmongers in control, on both sides.’
- ‘Never has there been a war where so many were so sceptical about the build-up and the reasons for it, and never has there been so many difficulties for the warmongers.’
- ‘The warmongers talk of ‘blowback’, referring to unintended negative results in combat.’
- ‘He and fellow warmongers know they are murdering the innocent.’
- ‘What should have been a day of joy for freedom lovers, and those who believe in international solidarity, instead became a day of triumph for warmongers.’
- ‘The anti-war movement served notice on the warmongers that they will continue to face deep opposition.’
- ‘But that didn't stop the warmongers rushing to denounce the dossier as lies before they had set eyes on it.’
- ‘We must do all we can to stop him and the other warmongers.’
- ‘It was precisely such censorship under the Taliban that liberal warmongers cited as a reason for violent regime change.’
- ‘When the bombing started they quickly lined up behind the warmongers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.