One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Recover from strenuous physical exertion by doing gentle stretches and exercises.‘warm down for twenty to twenty-five minutes’
- ‘To warm down you have to wait until you loose the pump of your last exercise.’
- ‘‘It was nice to beat Michael, even though he was only warming down after his freestyle race,’ Parry said.’
- ‘An adequate warm up, the selection of safe exercises and movement patterns, regular monitoring of body alignment and exercise intensity, and an appropriate warm down are important.’
- ‘The Knights are booked in for a post-match swim tonight to help them warm down, then they will have a light training session on Sunday morning ahead of Monday's game.’
- ‘Basically adequate warm up, warm down, stretching, correct training, good diet and when possible, correcting bio mechanical problems are the best buffers against injuries.’
- ‘Everyone was warming down and slowly disappearing into the change rooms.’
- ‘That fourth goal earned Walsall a point at home to Stoke last Saturday and after the game Brian Beard spoke to Paul as he was warming down.’
- ‘You can warm down physically by walking around or doing lighter (using less energy) exercises.’
- ‘I thought it was a better way to warm down than to run on my own.’
- ‘He finished the challenge with a 25-length warm down.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.