One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An Australian Aboriginal language of Northern Territory, with about 2,800 speakers.
- ‘He also appears to have been unable to speak either Anmatyerre or Warlpiri.’
- ‘Jeanie would like to see Warlpiri people taking control of their lives, reading and writing in English and Warlpiri.’
- ‘There is also no doubt that he already had a very good grasp of Anmatyerre and Warlpiri - he became fluent in Warlpiri during the 1930s.’
- ‘As he put it to me, his instructions in Warlpiri or Anmatyerre were ‘Put down your spears.’’
- ‘The history of Tracks' involvement with Aboriginal communities stems from a 1987 play, Desert Boy, written in Warlpiri by students from Lajamanu.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.