Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The explosive head of a missile, torpedo, or similar weapon.‘a nuclear warhead’
- ‘The high explosive fragmentation warhead is fitted with an active laser proximity fuse.’
- ‘The missile warhead incorporates a dynamically compensated shaped and copper lined charge.’
- ‘And to be confident in their use, you would need to have tested both the warhead and the missile itself.’
- ‘All nuclear warheads that were deployed in Ukraine were dismantled by Russia.’
- ‘On explosion, the warhead produces a great fragmentation effect and shock wave.’
- ‘And let's keep in mind the ultimate weapon of a terrorist is a nuclear warhead on a missile.’
- ‘The US has over 10,000 nuclear warheads and more nuclear weapons than the rest of the world combined.’
- ‘Dagen dismissed Iran's claims that it had no plans to equip its missiles with atomic warheads.’
- ‘These missile warheads are supposed to go off in the air if a target is not found, but this doesn't always work.’
- ‘A careful review of low-yield and neutron bomb warheads would be most timely.’
- ‘All the units are very configurable, from power plants down to missile warheads.’
- ‘This is kind of hard to prove, but weapons capable of delivering warheads 113 miles is pretty scary.’
- ‘Yesterday, the Pentagon claimed success for its missile shield, after an interceptor missile hit a dummy warhead over the Pacific.’
- ‘One of the most urgent tasks facing Japan is to prevent North Korea from putting nuclear warheads on Rodong missiles.’
- ‘Lee sought to calm the public by saying the Chinese missiles only carried dummy warheads.’
- ‘The U.S. is also considering arming these missiles with nuclear warheads.’
- ‘The Ghaznavi missile is capable of delivering nuclear warheads against most Indian cities.’
- ‘I don't believe that they could put a warhead on a missile that could reach the continental United States.’
- ‘The missile uses a tandem warhead, which can defeat modern armor and reactive panels.’
- ‘Last month Pakistan tested ballistic missiles capable of carrying nuclear warheads deep into India.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.