One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An instance of a person accidentally exposing an intimate part of their body as a result of an article of clothing slipping out of position.
- ‘McCartney promised that he would not be suffering a "wardrobe malfunction" this year, mainly because he said he plans to do the concert naked.’
- ‘Then there's her infamous ' wardrobe malfunction ' at the Super Bowl half-time ceremony.’
- ‘I guess we'll know whom to question if another big sporting event is plagued by a wardrobe malfunction.’
- ‘More people replayed Janet Jackson's "wardrobe malfunction" during the Super Bowl than any other event in television history.’
- ‘What does get me about the Superbowl halftime show is CBS insisting it was an accident, calling it a "wardrobe malfunction."’
- ‘A double-barreled wardrobe malfunction by an enthusiastic Holly Gagnier.’
- ‘I was just hoping for no wardrobe malfunction if you know what I'm saying.’
- ‘Also ahead tonight, the justices and Janet Jackson the Supreme Court actually weighing in on remember that wardrobe malfunction?’
- ‘A media incident crosses a new line - wardrobe malfunction, real-life copycat incident, desperate housewife.’
- ‘In the wake of Janet Jackson's "wardrobe malfunction," the FCC received 500,000 complaints.’
- ‘Congress has held hearings on Howard Stern and "wardrobe malfunctions" at the Superbowl.’
- ‘Myth has it that the flesh-baring aspect of burlesque really took off when a female performer suffered a Janet Jackson-style wardrobe malfunction, snapped a strap and exposed a bare shoulder.’
- ‘The anticipation of another wardrobe malfunction must have been the only thing keeping the interest of the press.’
- ‘Luckily, there were no wardrobe malfunctions to speak of.’
- ‘One daughter is a star prone to wardrobe malfunctions, caught on lots of cameras.’
- ‘The spur was the "wardrobe malfunction" that exposed Janet Jackson's right breast during the Superbowl half-time show.’
- ‘Melissa Gilbert also has what is now referred to as a "wardrobe malfunction," but I doubt any teenage boys would be interested.’
- ‘Oh and yes, there was a wardrobe malfunction.’
- ‘Remember during the famous areola flash of Janet Jackson, the wardrobe malfunction?’
- ‘An excited Brad Pitt made the ultimate wardrobe malfunction after stepping out onto the red carpet with his flies undone.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.