One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A vintage military aircraft.
- ‘The DC - 3 was everything from warbird to rescue craft and everything in between.’
- ‘This year the show is aiming to bring the best vintage jets and warbirds together on display alongside more modern RAF types and the Red Arrows themselves.’
- ‘He does not use it as a corporate aircraft, but did take up a customer who was considering buying his own warbird.’
- ‘A potpourri of antique warbirds, aerobatic airplanes, skydivers, the United States Honor Guard and classic amphibs come together along the famous Seven Mile Beach to put on the show.’
- ‘For some time, all aircrews remained ready and awaiting orders to launch while staying near or sleeping with our warbirds.’
- ‘This remarkable warbird and its younger sibling, the MC - 130H Combat Talon II (which is only in its second decade of use), continue to prove themselves in combat in both Afghanistan and Iraq.’
- ‘Four of us pilots ran to our warbirds and four fully-armed F - 106s took off immediately in my flight.’
- ‘The current generation of ADF aircraft were complemented by a P - 51 Mustang from the RAAF Museum, and other warbirds, including the Wirraway and T28 Trojan.’
- ‘This will culminate in a choreographed sunset finale featuring a group flyover of Lake Burley Griffin by warbirds and modern aircraft, as well as an F - 111 dump and burn, music and spectacular fireworks.’
- ‘For relaxation, he racks up flight time in his second restored L - 39 Aero Albatros jet warbird, often with wife Denise in the co-pilot's seat.’
- ‘The featured warbirds were a P - 40 Kittyhawk, a P - 51 Mustang, a Spitfire, a Hudson, a Tiger Moth, a Catalina and a venerable DC - 3 Dakota, of Bully Beef resupply fame.’
- ‘AVM Kindler spoke about Australia's contributions to aviation, particularly our valuable warbird heritage.’
- ‘I hope that all the spectators this weekend feel what I feel when I see the mighty warbirds flying high.’
- ‘The Kemble Air Day brought the best examples of vintage jets and warbirds together at one airfield along with modern RAF aircraft.’
- ‘‘We'll have ultralights, light aircraft and general aviation - like Cessnas and a couple of warbirds including a twin pioneer, which people can have joyrides on,’ John said.’
- ‘Your scribe's eyes were also taken with a beautiful Mosquito and I was forced to reflect how ‘right’ these warbirds look in the sky.’
- ‘Amberley's Defence Airshow was launched on August 26 with a dump and burn from a No.6 Squadron F - 111 and a highspeed run by a Mustang warbird.’
- ‘The flying displays began with model aircraft demonstrations followed by gliders and civilian and warbird aircraft, including a Cathay Pacific A330 and Winjeel trainer.’
- ‘Supermodel and forces sweetheart Nell McAndrew provided a welcome splash of glamour against the drab greys and greens of a collection of classic warbirds yesterday.’
- ‘Ultra-light, heavy warbird metal, classic class the Spring sun shone on polished aluminium and glossy timber.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.