One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A region in which a war is being fought.‘the difficulties of working in a war zone’
- ‘Local journalist Hassan Alawi visited three of the bomb sites in the city and said the area looked like a war zone.’
- ‘This effectively means that British troops remain in the war zone until the end of next year.’
- ‘It was a war zone and I was middle of it and I just couldn't understand what we were doing there.’
- ‘Her son, Scott, an army signals specialist, is somewhere in the war zone.’
- ‘The charity has representatives in Baghdad and the unds will be used to buy goods in Dubai and Jordan and then transport them to the war zone.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.