One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inclined to initiate conflict or aggression.‘the war-loving military empires of their day’
warmongering, warlike, martial, hawkish, pugnacious, combative, aggressive, belligerent, bellicoseView synonyms
- ‘They were a dedicated group of nice, intelligent and gentle people, as opposed to the grizzly war-loving soldiers I expected.’
- ‘My sister has moved toward the war-loving, meat-eating right, so it's good that one person I know is moving to the left.’
- ‘You created the story as I watched - the tale of a war-loving boy named Jake who wills himself into the past and finds what war is really like.’
- ‘War-loving, imperialist Europe was demoralised by its misadventures.’
- ‘It is so difficult for a pacifist, such as myself, to be here surrounded by so many brainwashed war-loving "patriots."’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.