One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inclined to initiate conflict or aggression.‘the war-loving military empires of their day’
warmongering, warlike, martial, hawkish, pugnacious, combative, aggressive, belligerent, bellicoseView synonyms
- ‘War-loving, imperialist Europe was demoralised by its misadventures.’
- ‘It is so difficult for a pacifist, such as myself, to be here surrounded by so many brainwashed war-loving "patriots."’
- ‘My sister has moved toward the war-loving, meat-eating right, so it's good that one person I know is moving to the left.’
- ‘They were a dedicated group of nice, intelligent and gentle people, as opposed to the grizzly war-loving soldiers I expected.’
- ‘You created the story as I watched - the tale of a war-loving boy named Jake who wills himself into the past and finds what war is really like.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.