Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Want to; want a:‘you wanna know how low I've stooped?’‘I wanna guitar’
- ‘If they wanna sleep with you this week, they also wanted to sleep with the guy last week.’
- ‘And if you wanna join him for a psychedelic freakout session then you can always have a word with this guy.’
- ‘I don't wanna go into detail yet, I want you guys to just see it and then give me your feedback please!’
- ‘She's emailed me asking if I wanna stay over at her place after the gig.’
- ‘I'm not sure how to take this forward, that's even if I wanna take this forward.’
- ‘About the tricky song ‘makes me wanna die’ which is ruined by a vague hip hop beat.’
- ‘Every band that I go and jam with and put records out with, they don't really wanna do anything.’
- ‘I can't imagine being with somebody who didn't stimulate my mind enough to wanna talk about stuff.’
- ‘He made us kind of realize that there's more to being in the band than just playing what you wanna play.’
- ‘I have a law degree but it's another three years if you wanna earn more than 10k a year.’
- ‘When someone rings up and asks if I wanna catch a movie, my first reaction is how can I get out of this?’
- ‘So James is up there where we wanna go, and even if we go in the opposite direction, he's there.’
- ‘Yeah you really believe in him, is that the sort of thing you wanna do?’
- ‘It's a Calypso gathering, you just wanna get down low and have a mad party and dance in the sun.’
- ‘If you wanna get involved in the music scene, you should just mind your own business and go out and make a record.’
- ‘Listen, man, you wanna join the army just because you want to be told what to do.’
- ‘Anything you wanna ask, I'll answer with the obvious exception of real names and addresses.’
- ‘He hit this tone that's engaging and funny and you just wanna watch him do this character more.’
- ‘Oasis are headliners, but I've seen them twice this year so I didn't really wanna go for them.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.