One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who travels aimlessly; a traveller.‘he is a longtime seaman, a rootless wanderer’
traveller, rambler, hiker, wayfarer, migrant, globetrotter, roamer, roverView synonyms
- ‘From time immemorial our human race has been called a race of wanderers and wayfarers, a restless people forever setting forth in pursuit of a better life.’
- ‘I have always been fascinated by nomads, because for most of our million years of human history, we were all nomads, wanderers on a pristine planet.’
- ‘But I came from a clan of travelers, mountaineers and wanderers, and the idea of escape occurred naturally to me.’
- ‘These wanderers still travel to the ruins of the old house and try to start up the old hearth fire.’
- ‘His only customers were Jason and Brian and an occasional traveler or wanderer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.