Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A lighting fixture designed to illuminate a wall evenly without lighting the floor.
- ‘The effect of the lens wallwashers is achieved using reflector systems in conjunction with wallwasher lenses.’
- ‘The space also serves as a gallery where artwork is illuminated by linear fluorescent wallwashers.’
- ‘Patient circulation areas are also lighted using recessed compact fluorescent downlights and wallwashers.’
- ‘Two spotlights are particularly interesting: the 6v 20w tungsten halogen lamp, left, and the 300w - 500w wallwasher with deep reflector profile.’
- ‘Delta wallwashers ensure even illumination for over-the-counter sales, while Cardo spots highlight the serve-yourself areas.’
- ‘A range of fluorescent luminaires, high bays, low bays, asymmetric wallwashers and 3 circuit track can be simply connected and sprung into the extrusion, providing the ultimate in flexible lighting.’
- ‘The multi-purpose rooms utilizes a combination of wallwashers, pendants, and downlights.’
- ‘The wallwasher is a recessed fluorescent wallwasher with RGB color mixing that generates both white and colored light.’
- ‘Offering recessed downlights, wallwashers, and adjustables with incandescent, fluorescent, HID and induction light sources as part of the Juno Lighting Group.’
- ‘Whilst the recessed downlight has been designed for all-purpose lighting, directional spotlights and wallwashers come into their own for the accent lighting and homogenous illumination of vertical surfaces.’
- ‘Downlights and wallwashers The Designer series of compact fluorescent downlights and wall washers was created specifically for high-end architectural…’
- ‘At first floor level linear fluorescent wallwashers are used to create an even wash of light on the full height cupboards.’
- ‘They fall into two basic categories: fixed, such as pendant lights, ceiling lights, wallwashers and spotlights, and freestanding which include standard lamps, table lamps and uplighters.’
- ‘Ceiling mounted wallwashers are used to change the appearance of the space, these are also fitted with high frequency ballasts, opposite pairs being controlled independently.’
- ‘All the Lightcast lens wallwashers have cast aluminium housings which are designed to provide optimum thermal properties according to their respective technical requirements.’
- ‘Vega produce a very wide range of architectural downlights, darklighters and wallwashers for institutional, corporate fitout and hospitality applications.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.