One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Material such as wallpaper or textured fabric used as a decorative covering for interior walls.
- ‘On all wallcovering, except some textures and murals, there is what is called a pattern repeat.’
- ‘Both ranges include wallcoverings, borders, curtains and accessories with prices starting at £19.99 for a single duvet set.’
- ‘You can use wallcoverings to create panels and borders to highlight pictures and mirrors.’
- ‘Installation of the door requires that a hole be cut through the siding on the outside, and through the drywall or other interior wallcovering on the inside.’
- ‘The dining room is panelled to chest height and has an intricate, golden fabric wallcovering above.’
- ‘But be sure to check with your dealer for special considerations with your chosen wallcovering.’
- ‘Mold degrades the drywall and adhesive behind the vinyl wallcovering.’
- ‘The wallcovering is particularly useful where a smooth surface is desired for aesthetic reason and where high moisture permeability is also desired.’
- ‘Consult the manufacturer for additional instructions if wallcoverings are to be hung over a specialty surface such as wood paneling or textured walls.’
- ‘The new business offers an exclusive range of designer fabrics, wallcoverings and soft furnishings including names such as Malabar, Crowson, Nono, Anna French and Sanderson.’
- ‘Also on the way out, according to Mr Woodbridge, are the co-ordinating wallcoverings with a different top and bottom divided by a border.’
- ‘Some wallcoverings are thin enough to be semi-transparent and thus allow dark images caused by patching, etc. on the wall to show through.’
- ‘Minwax's water-based Latte stain on the banister and stairs complements other natural shades in the wallcoverings.’
- ‘These wallcoverings are more practical for rooms that get lots of use.’
- ‘Country is still a big theme in decorating, but wallcovering has taken it into a variety of global directions.’
- ‘Textile wallcoverings are decorative and require care in cleaning.’
- ‘Some high end or specialty contract wallcoverings need special care for perfect installation.’
- ‘Although the popularity of wallpaper has waned somewhat over the last few years, designers and home owners are now rediscovering the appeal of decorative wallcoverings.’
- ‘Cut a strip of wallcovering to size for the center of the panel.’
- ‘Install all wallcovering under adequate lighting and evaluate for color uniformity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.