One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Space on the surface of an interior wall, regarded as an area for displaying pictures or similar items.
- ‘All the children are proud of the displays, which cover every bit of available wall space.’
- ‘The overall look was, as in most boarding schools, plain and institutional; in contrast, every available inch of wall space in every study was plastered with posters and magazine pages.’
- ‘No idea how we are going to arrange the living room - as usual the TV socket is in a really stupid place compared to available sofa wall space and I think we're going to need to get creative.’
- ‘Shelves filled all other available wall space.’
- ‘Use all available wall space for shelving to avoid cluttered desk tops.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.