One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Space on the surface of an interior wall, regarded as an area for displaying pictures or similar items.
- ‘The overall look was, as in most boarding schools, plain and institutional; in contrast, every available inch of wall space in every study was plastered with posters and magazine pages.’
- ‘Use all available wall space for shelving to avoid cluttered desk tops.’
- ‘Shelves filled all other available wall space.’
- ‘No idea how we are going to arrange the living room - as usual the TV socket is in a really stupid place compared to available sofa wall space and I think we're going to need to get creative.’
- ‘All the children are proud of the displays, which cover every bit of available wall space.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.