One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Become involved in through ignorance or carelessness.‘I had walked into a situation from which there was no escape’
- ‘At first he has everything under control but then the lovely Erica walks into his life.’
- ‘He gets a ticket to scout film locations in Fiji, and walks into Rabuka's coup.’
- ‘No-one can walk into a situation and make things world class just like that - it takes time.’
- ‘There was no chance you could walk into the Hibs situation at that time and change it overnight.’
- ‘They are walking into a favourable demographic situation, and recognize the fact.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.