One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjective
- ‘Jan Milic Lochman's contribution to David Willis and Michael Welker's book emphasizes the history of radical reform among Waldensians, Hussites and Czech Brethren.’
- ‘The Waldensian church began during a religious revival near Lyon, France during the twelfth century, predating the Protestant Reformation that swept through Europe in the sixteenth century.’
- ‘During the persecution of Protestants by the Habsburg dynasty in the seventeenth century, the Moravians, who had converted many German Waldensians living in Moravia, emigrated to Saxony.’
- ‘Not only the Protestant British enthusiasts for Italy but their Waldensian friends and allies were drawn into the maelstrom.’
- ‘He could paint such a picture because the success of popular heretical and evangelical movements, such as the Waldensians and Albigensians, was positively explosive.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.