One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I staggered into wakefulness at 11:45 when Graham rang to say good night.’
- ‘We dozed, never quite letting ourselves go, ready to jump into confused wakefulness, anticipating action of some kind.’
- ‘I sort of half-slept last night, suspended in a weird state between wakefulness and dreaming, kept anchored in the world by the sound of the radio.’
- ‘Something intense is going on when we sleep; in fact, on an EEG trace it looks very similar to wakefulness.’
- ‘I do this in the night sometimes, in moments of partial wakefulness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.