One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The anniversary of the signing of the Treaty of Waitangi, celebrated as a public holiday in New Zealand on 6 February since 1960.
- ‘It has been a calm Waitangi Day without significant protest and with much goodwill on both sides.’
- ‘Alumni and friends are invited to join the NZ High Commissioner and other dignitaries at a Waitangi Day dinner in Kuala Lumpur.’
- ‘It is designed to encourage a wider spread of communities participating in Waitangi Day events.’
- ‘The following years saw talks progressing for declaring Waitangi Day as an alternative to an existing public holiday.’
- ‘We spent our Waitangi Day yesterday sitting in the garden, and talking, and in the evening we had dinner on the beach and swam in the sea.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.