One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The anniversary of the signing of the Treaty of Waitangi, celebrated as a public holiday in New Zealand on 6 February since 1960.
- ‘The following years saw talks progressing for declaring Waitangi Day as an alternative to an existing public holiday.’
- ‘We spent our Waitangi Day yesterday sitting in the garden, and talking, and in the evening we had dinner on the beach and swam in the sea.’
- ‘Alumni and friends are invited to join the NZ High Commissioner and other dignitaries at a Waitangi Day dinner in Kuala Lumpur.’
- ‘It has been a calm Waitangi Day without significant protest and with much goodwill on both sides.’
- ‘It is designed to encourage a wider spread of communities participating in Waitangi Day events.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.