One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The condition of computer software or hardware being unable to process further instructions while waiting for some event such as the completion of a data transfer.
- ‘If all the nodes in a network ignore interrupts from others until they reach a wait state, individual productivity of the node may go up, briefly.’
- ‘One way around this problem is to enter the BIOS settings and increase the wait state of the Ram.’
- ‘Finally, there is almost no way to optimize the system, which is filled with extraneous wait states and timing loops that slow it to a crawl because lawyers are paid by the hour.’
- ‘‘It is easier to use wait states [between a request and the returned data],’ said Mathewson.’
- ‘Multistream instruction processor able to reduce interlocks by having a wait state for an instruction stream.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.