One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Curvaceous, decidedly feminine and womanly I would say, rather than waifish and childlike.’
- ‘Ben Drawing shows a waifish, pale boy with scruffy black hair and tattoos lounging in black bathing briefs on a brightly colored beach towel.’
- ‘But as an additional twist, he picks up waifish Russian prostitute Anne, whose seeming helplessness belies a shrewd sense of self-preservation at any cost.’
- ‘The 28-year-old model, whose waifish good looks have graced the covers of countless magazines, delivered her first child early last Sunday.’
- ‘Audrey Hepburn may look very good in those stylish designer clothes, if you're into her starving waifish look, but she isn't a very good actress.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.