One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Curvaceous, decidedly feminine and womanly I would say, rather than waifish and childlike.’
- ‘Audrey Hepburn may look very good in those stylish designer clothes, if you're into her starving waifish look, but she isn't a very good actress.’
- ‘But as an additional twist, he picks up waifish Russian prostitute Anne, whose seeming helplessness belies a shrewd sense of self-preservation at any cost.’
- ‘Ben Drawing shows a waifish, pale boy with scruffy black hair and tattoos lounging in black bathing briefs on a brightly colored beach towel.’
- ‘The 28-year-old model, whose waifish good looks have graced the covers of countless magazines, delivered her first child early last Sunday.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.