One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Maori song.
- ‘Just as a further clarification, often during a treaty settlement bill the gallery will contribute by way of either a waiata or applause, as we have just heard.’
- ‘To this day, the waiata and chants expressed on the pa continue to manifest those principles.’
- ‘The Maori component includes some songs in traditional waiata style composed by Wi Kuki Kaa, and some engaging sounds from Richard Nunns playing Maori instruments.’
- ‘After performing a waiata the students presented Potikitaua-Taraare with a greenstone necklace and other gifts.’
- ‘So there is a sadness, but there is also the survival aspect that's sung about in a number of our waiata.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.