One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Maori song.
- ‘So there is a sadness, but there is also the survival aspect that's sung about in a number of our waiata.’
- ‘After performing a waiata the students presented Potikitaua-Taraare with a greenstone necklace and other gifts.’
- ‘Just as a further clarification, often during a treaty settlement bill the gallery will contribute by way of either a waiata or applause, as we have just heard.’
- ‘To this day, the waiata and chants expressed on the pa continue to manifest those principles.’
- ‘The Maori component includes some songs in traditional waiata style composed by Wi Kuki Kaa, and some engaging sounds from Richard Nunns playing Maori instruments.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.