One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A brass instrument of baritone pitch with an oval shape and upward-pointing bell, combining features of the tuba and the French horn and first used in Wagner's Der Ring des Nibelungen.
- ‘Just like the standard horn in F, the Wagner tuba is written a fifth higher than sounding.’
- ‘The repertoire for the Wagner tuba is severely limited, but unsurpassed for sheer quality.’
- ‘His Wagner tuba was an especially fine instrument, made by the Stradivarius Gadget Works in Birmingham.’
- ‘Valved horns were permitted, in the light of Wagner's own equivocation about them, joining those valved horn hybrids known as Wagner tubas.’
- ‘Then there is a piano, a celesta and the two Wagner tubas, which are part of a group of fifteen wind instruments.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.