One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A brass instrument of baritone pitch with an oval shape and upward-pointing bell, combining features of the tuba and the French horn and first used in Wagner's Der Ring des Nibelungen.
- ‘Then there is a piano, a celesta and the two Wagner tubas, which are part of a group of fifteen wind instruments.’
- ‘The repertoire for the Wagner tuba is severely limited, but unsurpassed for sheer quality.’
- ‘His Wagner tuba was an especially fine instrument, made by the Stradivarius Gadget Works in Birmingham.’
- ‘Just like the standard horn in F, the Wagner tuba is written a fifth higher than sounding.’
- ‘Valved horns were permitted, in the light of Wagner's own equivocation about them, joining those valved horn hybrids known as Wagner tubas.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.