One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having or relating to regular paid employment.‘a larger class of waged workers’
employed, in work, in a job, in gainful employmentView synonyms
- ‘This was intimately tied to their notion that the way out of poverty was via waged work.’
- ‘It's a long time since he had to earn his keep in the waged world.’
- ‘Now, manufacturing is no longer the engine of employment growth and many more women have entered waged work.’
- ‘It was necessary to make habitable remote regions of Russia where it was regarded as too costly to provide waged labour.’
- ‘The struggles of these and other unwaged sections of the class can be as problematic for capital as those of waged workers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.