One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who works for wages.
- ‘He said that the average family should benefit by approximately 8.3% while the average wage earner should reap about 13% extra in disposable income.’
- ‘I believe that this legislation discriminates between a wage earner and a contractor.’
- ‘This is an affordable amount for the average wage earner to pay.’
- ‘For more than 60 years it has helped millions of Americans avoid poverty in old age, upon becoming disabled, or after the death of a family wage earner.’
- ‘Girls leaving school often find work more easily than the boys and go on to become the main wage earner.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.