One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who works for wages.
- ‘Girls leaving school often find work more easily than the boys and go on to become the main wage earner.’
- ‘This is an affordable amount for the average wage earner to pay.’
- ‘For more than 60 years it has helped millions of Americans avoid poverty in old age, upon becoming disabled, or after the death of a family wage earner.’
- ‘He said that the average family should benefit by approximately 8.3% while the average wage earner should reap about 13% extra in disposable income.’
- ‘I believe that this legislation discriminates between a wage earner and a contractor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.