One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The amount paid in wages by an employer to employees.‘the public-sector wage bill’
- ‘Meanwhile, the wage bill has escalated to an astonishing 90% of turnover.’
- ‘In 1900 the company employed 25,028 workers and had a weekly wage bill of nearly £37,000.’
- ‘Its wage bill for the period was almost £1 million, although the company had only 24 staff at the time.’
- ‘Thus, I believe the monthly wage bill contributes just as much to their problems as the payback on investment.’
- ‘By employing players on an amateur basis, the wage bill would be a fraction of what it is currently’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.