One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See wage earner
- ‘And by the last quarter of the 20th century only one-fourth of U.S. households fit the supposed ‘norm’ of a wage-earning husband and homemaker wife living with children.’
- ‘He said: ‘In west Wiltshire not only do we have a low wage-earning community, but we also have a very fragile retail base.’’
- ‘In Leeds, the first 20 who will take part are either long-term unemployed or living in households where everyone of wage-earning age is claiming benefits.’
- ‘Last financial year there were 30,000 wage-earning households in Australia that went without at least one meal because of lack of money.’
- ‘Increased employment - there was a growing urban wage-earning class - and the acquisition of new skills in both civilian and military sectors were important in promoting African political consciousness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.