One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘People think poetry is waffly, loose and vague but actually good poetry is utterly precise, no word is wasted.’
- ‘You couldn't care less, because their language is waffly and you don't understand a word of it.’
- ‘But you never know; the press release is one of those waffly ones that doesn't quite tell you everything you want to hear.’
- ‘All this has resulted in rather a lot of waffly talk about ‘guidelines’ and ‘best practice’, with developments moving at a slow pace.’
- ‘Presumably if Labor keeps it waffly enough, there'll be something in there for everyone else to vote for.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.