The combat units of the SS in Nazi Germany during the Second World War.
- ‘It is certain that his admission into the group would have been far more complicated had he admitted to being a former Waffen SS recruit.’
- ‘A few units - the Waffen SS on the Eastern Front was notorious in this respect - had a rule not to take any prisoners at all.’
- ‘On the same day, December 17, a Waffen SS unit under the command of Joachim Pieper murdered 113 American prisoners.’
- ‘His father fought for Soviet Russia in Afghanistan, his grandfather was an officer in the Waffen SS, and his great grandfather died in the trenches of Verdun.’
- ‘He was considered to be an outstanding prospect and was admitted into the ‘Liebstandarte-SS Adolf Hitler’ - considered to be one of the elite units in the Waffen SS.’
German Waffen armed.